Δευτέρα 27 Αυγούστου 2012

VACATIONS Part 4 - Back to Paris!!

Monday, July 2nd 2012

Back to Paris, and I did one more walk in town. That time, my destination was Monmartre. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Montmartre

Start point -------> Av. De  Friedland which continues to Boulevard Haussement (Galerie de Lafayette). As you can guess, during my exploration, I have NEVER used any public transportation!!! My moto is : KEEP WALKING!!

On my way, I saw l'église de Saint Augustin et de Saint Vincent-de-Paul, and then I made a left turn on Boulevard de Magenta. This neighborhood is totally different from the "quartiers" around the Arc de Triumph or La Tour Eiffel. It is the other side of Paris just like everything has two different sides! It is about a poor neighborhood with inexpensive stores and people working as salesmen from place to place or at the fleemarket on Bd De Rochechouat. To tell you the truth, I was litlle scared. The only thing that I could do was to keep my handbag "safe".

Neverethless, after climbing up so many stairs, I made it and I arrived in Monmartre. The view was magical! All the city was in front of me!! I could see the skyscrapers in one place, la Tour Eiffel, l' Èglise des Invalides because of the gold dome and many more. Then, I entered the church "Basilique du Sacré-Coeur (Sacred Heart). http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sacre_Coeur_Cathedral

Just like all the Catholic churches, there were vitreaux everywhere, little chapelles on the sides, where each one is in the memory of a saint (Saint or Sainte), and iron, black candelabra. Before leaving the church, the Mass (liturgy for the Orthodox) was about to begin. The priest (or reverand)
was wearing a purple robe and a gold tiara. However, I didn't stay longer, I went outside to see what
there was around. I went on the back side of the church where the street started to be cobbled and overcrowded with people and many, many painters, who were approaching everyone to make their portrait. (no, they didn't make mine!). I knew that, but I completely forgot it! The location was picturesque with the litlle souvenir stores, the cozy bistrots and the colourful tables and chairs outside...

It was time to go back home, so I started walking again. On my way back, I saw the famous Moulin Rouge http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moulin_Rouge!  on Bd de Clichy (on this street, there are only "weird" / "awkward" shops ----> sex shops! It is a quite unsafe neighborhood) 

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου