Κυριακή 7 Σεπτεμβρίου 2014

Update for the last days as an Au Pair - March 1st-18th, 2014

March 1st, 2014

It was my birthday! My host family took me out for dinner to celebrate it! It was my birthday and farewell gift!! It was an unexpected one: dinner on the top of Space Needle!! It's about one of the most expensive restaurants, but that 's not the clue.. The restaurant is in a shape of a circle and it turns around literally.. Anyone could enjoy the city from the top in 360 degrees!!! Thankfully, it turns very slowly! After the dinner, I am going out with my friends..!

March 7th, 2014

It's the first day of my last trip in the U.S.A. My destination was Las Vegas - Grand Canyon - Los Angeles. My flight was in the morning and I arrived in Las Vegas in the afternoon. It was a shock for me to realize that there were slot machines even at the airport!!!  Basically, everywhere, anyone can gamble!!! I arrived in the hotel little bit later and I was trying to organize how  I was going to spend my time as better as I could. I booked a seat at one of the shows that hotel hosts after seeing all these signs on the street for shows. I couldn't help it! hahahaha

*I noticed the difference on the landscape. Nevada is flat and there are many cactuses.

March 8th, 2014

 I had to wake up at 5:45  and get ready for my trip to Grand Canyon. On the way there, there were three stops. One stop to a ranch for people, who hadn't bought the helicopter or helicopter-boat tour, the Hoover Dump,  and the Grand Canyon. I had booked the helicopter tour! I was about to see from the top the West Rim. It was amazing, because I was sitting next to the pilot!!! Then, we made stops at two points of the Grand Canyon, the Eagle Point and the Guano Point, which one was my favorite!

The tour came to an end one hour before the show, which I had booked, was about to begin. It was the MO5AIC show by a band of 5 men who sing a capella (without music). I had a blast! It was a perfect ending to a busy day!

:O!! Almost I forgot to mention the "nightmare" of booking seat to the bus to L.A.! But how could I forget since the "nightmare" continued the next day!!!

March 9th, 2014

I woke early in the morning ( not like the day before!), because I wanted to walk along the Las Vegas Strip before getting the bus to L.A. My tour started at the Luxor, a hotel that looks like a pyramid and in front there 's a statue of a Pharao. Then it was the Excalibur (castle looking hotel), MGM Grand, New York New York (with a copy of the Statue of Liberty), Planet Holywood, Aria, Paris (with a copy of Eiffel Tower) and at last Bellagio with the fountains (there are shows almost every 30 minutes) and the Caesars Palace. From there I took the bus to the Fremont Street where is the ultimate Las Vegas experience. There, my "nightmare" came up again, because I had difficulties to print my voucher to L.A. (It was so bad that I was checking flights from Las Vegas to Los Angeles, but the airfare made me insist to keep trying to figure out what to do with the bus voucher..!! pfff... ).

However, I made it and got in the bus. I was thinking the "nightmare" as an unforgotten experience/adventure from this trip. I left it behind me and I was looking forward to enjoy my time in Los Angeles. But, the hassle of that day wasn't about to end so soon. A 4-hour-trip ended up in a 7-hour-trip, which means that I arrived in the hotel around 10:30 pm, but I was relieved with the comforts of the hotel and I couldn't wait to get some sleep...

March 10th, 2014

It's 8 o' clock in the morning and I was at the concierge of the hotel booking a tour to Downtown Los  Angeles - China Town - Hollywood - Beverly Hills - Rodeo Drive - Farmer's Market. The tour was about to start at 10 am and end around 2:00-2:30 pm. It was beautiful. I would not forget the Hollywood Blvd, the avenue with all the stars and the Hollywood sign or Beverly Hills! It was a beautiful area of the city and the Farmer's Market- Rodeo Drive with all the shops.

In the afternoon, I went to Santa Monica, a  bay on the northern pat of L.A. It's where the Route 66 ends (Cars movie)! From there I walked to Venice Beach;  a walk that made me miss my hometown.

March 11th, 2014

I had to wake up, get ready and catch up my flight back in Seattle.


March 15th-16th, 2014

Last weekend in Seattle! Spending my time with my friends. Precious moments!!

March 17th, 2014

St. Patrick's Day or My-last-day-in-the-USA day. After giving a fight with the suitcases' weight, I was in the plane. I was going to be in Athens on March 18th, 2014 in the afternoon after making a stop in London.

The Au Pair life officially came to an END!!! Looking forward to the next adventures! ;)


March 18th, 2014

I got in Athens around 6 pm and I was waiting for my brother to pick me up. The exact date of my return wasn't known by everyone, apart from my brother, my friends in Seattle and the host family. I wanted to surprise my parents!


Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου