Πέμπτη 8 Μαρτίου 2012

My first walk in downtown Chicago!!

Today, March 7th 2012, it was my first walk in downtown Chicago. As I 'm living in Glenview (north suburb of Chicago) I had to take the train (METRA line) for going down there. I got off at the Union Station and I was walking on W Jackson Blvd (West Jackson Boulevard) where you can see everything like skyscrappers, large-long roads, many stores (Walgreen-Pharmacy, Bakery stores, multi-departement stores), old buildings (many of them function as banks departements or colleges). At this point I have to inform you that the centre of Chicago is called "Loop", which means circle, because if someone takes a look above him, he/she will see the railtracks that shape a circle!! Isn't that a little strange for a non-American??
As I was going to S Michigan Ave (South Michigan Avenue), I saw the Michigan Lake and the Millenium Park, and the Art Institute of Chicago. Wherever I was looking at, there was grass, and the lake was just in front of me. So I took the road besides the lake and people were sitting or jogging around. It was so refreshing and impressing, at the same time, to experience all these! I still can't believe where I am, but I know I will do soon..

Later, I went back to S Michigan Ave and I was keeping walking. I walked across the river that exists, and I moved into a different "scenic" where the SHOPPING is alive!!! Ladies and gentlemen welcome to the "5th Avenue" of Chicago!!! Every store that anybody can think is there. I will refer some of them such as Macy's, Bloomingdales, Nordstrom, Cartier, Burberry, GAP, ZARA, Guess and the list is continued... In this side of the centre, there is the Water Tower PLace, which is one of the highest buildings!

However, it was about time to return since it was getting darker... And here, the 1st attempt to explore Chicago came to an end..!! I hope that you enjoyed and someday to come here by yourselves!!! ;)

What's impressive???

1) The Art Institute of Chicago and the walk at the park behind it. I was amazed when I saw geese on the grass!!! General, the whole scenic with the park, the bare trees and the lake so close to the centre was an indescribable experience!

2) The view of a "familiar" store ZARA made me happy, because everything was so strange and unknown to me...!! I know it's silly , but I smiled when I saw it!

3) The Water Tower Place is so huge!!! My neck was in pain...!!! :P

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου