Κυριακή 1 Ιουλίου 2012

Prologue Sunday,June 17th 2012 I am going to Europe with my host family for vacations. Our first stop is Paris, and then is Italy!!! So let's get started!!!! VACATIONS - PART 1 Wednesday, June 20th 2012 -------> My first walk in Paris, today, so I tried to explore it as much as I could by starting at "La place de Victor Hugo"(which is close to "Le Bois de Boulogne") and walking on Avenue Raymond Poincaré. At the end of the street, there is the "Palais de Chaillot", which, now, functions as home of many museums such as "Le Musée de la Marine" and "Le Musée de l' Homme". There are two entrances above of which are some words engraved. Choses rares ou choses belles ici savamment assemblées instruisent l 'oeil à regarder comme jamais encore vues toutes choses qui sont au monde. Dans ces murs voués aux merveilleux j' accueille et carde les ouvrages de la main prodigieuse de l' artiste égale et rivale de sa pensée l' une n' est rien sans l' autre. The new Palais de Chaillot: As I was walking furtherdown, I saw la Seine (the river!?!?!?!!!!) and the Tour Eiffel [of course you can see it from faraway, but as anyone approaches it, it is more magnificent!) Crossing down the tower, I saw the "Champs de Mars", a beautiful land of grass with trees-cutten-in-the-shape-of-square on the sides.Following the "monument to the Peace", which was constructed in 2000 and made by glass,and where the word PEACE is written in all languages. (Yes, I found it in greek as well). Across the street, it is L' école de Militaire. From there, I walked on the street of La Place Joffre, I made a left turn on Av.de Tourville, and then a left turn on Bd de la Tour Maulbourg from where I could see "Le Musée de l' Armée". Afterwards, I reached at "La Place des Invalides" and kept walking on Av. du Maréchal Gallieni. I reached again La Seine(where I was witness of a photo-shooting for a fashion editorial :P )and I crossed the bridge "Le Pond d' Alexandre III. This bridge is so impressing because of many reasons. First, at the entrance, there are four golden angel-statues. In the middle of it, on both sides from outside there are golden sculptures as well. Furthermore, after crossing the bridge, it is the "Grand Palais" and the "Petit Palais" (golden touches and sculptures on each part of the roof again!) I continued walking across the river through a tree-path in order to see "La Place de la Concorde", a big open space with a fountain in the middle and the "Obelisk" (a tall monument). From this point, anyone can see the "Dome des Invalides",the "Assemblée Nationale Palais-Bourton" and the entrance of "Le Jardin des Tuileries". Le Jardin des Tuileries is a beautiful garden with fountains and ponds. Many people were relaxing on the grass or sitting on chairs around the ponds. Leaving the garden, I decided to go back home. So I walked on Av. Champs Élysées where there are many stores, restaurants and cafés. And, somewhere here, (Finally!!!) I got home!!!! :P

1 σχόλιο: